The Life Without Us podcast shares stories about living in and nourishing community to inspire more of us to have more “us” in our lives.
Life Without Us Podcast Episode #3: Karim Rizkallah on Listeners’ Questions
“You gotta be honest about your hard lines; but, also be as generous as possible, because when you live in a collective the goal can’t be getting your way and convincing everyone else you need to get your way. The goal ought to be finding something for the collective that is as good and as safe for everyone as possible.”Karim Rizkallah
Karim Rizkallah has a 21 year relationship with living in community and shares his most recent milestone in that journey with Life Without Us host, Valery Navarrete. Together with four others they founded the Clarens Commons cohouse in Toronto.
Karim joins Valery as a podcast key contributor to answer listeners’ questions about living in and nourishing community. We hope this will become a regular feature on the show. We just need more questions from y’all. So, please send us more questions. Cool?
In this episode:
- Has the word “community” been hijacked?
- Is it useful to distinguish between so-called “big community” and the more organic, member-driven communities that many of us try to foster in our day-to-day lives?
- What do we mean by “living in community?”
- How do you determine fit for your community?
- What makes a space ideal for cohousing or other big community project?
Find Karim and Clarens Commons coverage in
Find other episode references
No One Should Have to Live a Life Without Us
Life Without Us aspires to be a platform for collaboration. We’d love for you to engage with us on Instagram @lifewithoutuspod and / or message host Valery directly here. Guest, co-host, and topic suggestions are welcome, as are questions you’d like answered on the show!