Valery is adept at facilitating connection and collaboration among groups of all sizes. She gently guides participants to surfacing new insights and perspectives. She takes active care of individual and group energy and experience. She brings creative approaches that help groups drive to better decisions, more impact, and deeper connection with ease.
Valery has facilitated:
- Retreats for organizations such as: the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration, and the federal public service’s Office of Public Service Accessibility.
- Public engagement sessions such as those carried out to develop Canada’s Integrated Strategy for Radioactive Waste.
- Decision-making for governing bodies such as the National Nominating Committee selecting CAMH’s 150 Leading Canadians for Mental Health.
- Conflict resolution processes for coliving / cohousing residents.
Valery is constantly exploring new facilitation tools to add to her toolbox of creative methods refined across ten years of group facilitation experience.
Valery draws on anti-oppressive and trauma-informed frameworks to facilitate the participation of people society often pushes to the margins such as people of colour, and people living with mental illness and addiction.
Please reach out to explore how Valery’s unique talent for facilitating connection and collaboration might enhance your next virtual or in-person gathering!
Are you looking to move beyond a traditional gathering for your team or group into a bespoke experience?
As an experience designer Valery has:
- Co-produced the Real Talk program track for Reset 2018. Reset was founded as a weekend-long immersive digital detox experience. Real Talk programming focused on dialogue and connection and included a popular peer support program called “Space Holders.”
- Co-created a series of anti-oppression circles within the Real Talk programming. The circles created space for people to share their lived experiences as racialized people, LGBTQ+ people, people living with mental health challenges, and other intersectional identities. A number of participants reflected that the circles played an essential role in making Reset a safe(r) space for them.
- Directed the design of a series of Un-Town Halls. Featuring a pop-up gallery and design labs the experiences reimagined CAMH’s twice annual CEO Town Halls.
Click here to learn about Valery’s upcoming public events and experiences.