Are you looking for . . .
A strategic plan around which to coalesce your community?
A theory of change in which to ground your impact?
Support with an organizational or strategic initiative?
Valery is an affiliate of Innoweave (a project of the MakeWay Foundation.) Innoweave has a funding program to support nonprofits and charities to work with her at low to no cost. If you think working with Valery within one of the Innoweave project streams that she offers might be a good fit for you, please book a free consultation to explore submitting an expression of interest!
Valery’s almost 20 year career as a health and social sector executive has spanned levels of government and crisscrossed the nonprofit, charitable, community, hospital, mental health and addictions, and social innovation sectors.
While her specialities as a consultant are strategic planning and theories of change that centre community, her expansive experience makes her a value add to a wide range of projects.
Valery weaves anti-oppression throughout all of her service offerings.
Community-Centred Strategic Planning
Community-centred Strategic Planning is one of Valery’s specialties.
She works with organizations of all sizes to engage their boards, staff, clients, partners, and other community members in the development of multi-year strategies that reflect a shared vision for the future.
- Centres the wisdom of the people living with the problem your health and social sector organization exists to solve.
- Builds connection and buy-in among both your board members, and those who will be on the frontlines of strategy implementation.
- Ensures justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are not just words that appear in your final plan. They are principles we work together to build into your strategy journey from the start.
As an experienced health and social sector executive Valery offers a number of consulting services. She would love to connect to talk about how she might help you to:
- Plan and / or deliver your next strategic initiative.
- Carry out your annual planning / priority setting.
- Co-create your next collective impact project.
- Engage your community (with particular expertise in engaging communities of colour, and people with lived experience of mental illness and addiction.)
- Develop or update your policy documents.
- Re-invigorate your organizational governance.
- Reset your organizational structure.
- Renew your organizational culture.
Theory of Change Development
The development of Theories of Change that centre community is another of Valery’s specialties.
Valery is one of a handful of consultants across Canada able to offer Innoweave’s Impact and Strategic Clarity stream in which she coaches organizations to the development of:
- an intended impact statement
- a theory of change
- and, an action plan.
Valery is also available to lead your theory of change project as an independent consultant.